Welcome to Advanced VAT with Clever Burdy
This is an interesting and real-life example based course covering the more advanced elements of VAT administration in Ireland that is slowly becoming the “norm” that everyone should know.
Who is this course for?
- Accountants, bookkeepers, accounts administrators and staff members with responsibility for the administration of VAT and filing VAT related documents.
- Business owners that want to have a better understanding of their finances and their legal requirements to file returns.
- Anyone that has an active interest in gaining a career in accounts and bookkeeping or simply wishes to have a better understanding and/or refresher course in the operation of the Irish VAT system.
What will you learn?
After completion of this course you will have a thorough understanding of the more complex VAT issues faced by businesses and professionals in Ireland. You will gain invaluable knowledge into complex VAT issues such as RCT, self-accounting for VAT, the VAT RTD and the supply of services outside of Ireland and how to register for foreign VAT using the new VAT OSS system. You will also feel confident in advising business owners on issues surrounding deposits, prepayments and self-supplies and many lesser known VAT legislation rules.
This course accounts for 7 CPD hours.
Approx 3.5hrs online viewing plus allow yourself up to 1 hour to complete the self-assessment quiz. You will receive an invaluable manual to download which will expand on anything covered in this course and you can refer to it at any time.
You will have uninterrupted access to any course purchased for a full 6 months from date of purchase.
Areas covered in the course:
- Understanding how much VAT is chargeable on your supply
- The VAT treatment of deposits, prepayments and sales of vouchers
- Return of Trading Details – common issues and consequences of failing to submit the VATRTD
- Accounting for VAT – Cash Receipts Basis v Sales Invoice basis. Thresholds and reporting
- VAT treatment of Services – the general POS supply rules
- Comprehensive explanation of the Place of Supply of Services Rules received from abroad – understanding how to determine where the place of supply is for B2B and B2C supplies
- VAT on Construction Services – Rules regarding VAT on a “relevant contract”. When to charge VAT, the rates applied and self-accounting for VAT
- VAT chargeable on goods & services supplied to foreign customers – determining the place of supply of the service element
- Self-accounting for VAT on Intra-Community supplies
- When does the foreign supplier have to register for and charge Irish VAT – thresholds and procedures
- Supporting documentation required when supplying goods or services to customers based outside of Ireland
- Disposal of company assets – when VAT should be charged
- VAT on Finance Charges: Hire Purchase -v- Leasing – the differences on how VAT is recovered
- Making amendments to VAT returns on the discovery of an error in an earlier return
- VAT One-Stop-Shop (VAT OSS)
- Revenue audits – overview
*** Please note that the VAT treatment on services received from abroad (including the UK) is not covered in this course but we cover the treatment of goods acquired from suppliers based outside the EU and Ireland****
Tax sometimes changes so will you be kept informed of anything that affects course content?
At Clever Burdy we are super aware that an element of tax could change overnight that may be contradictory to something mentioned in your course. We keep on top of any changes and issue any updates notes to highlight anything you should note in your manual. We also try to edit in changes when possible to do so and we try to record our courses once a year to keep your tax learning fresh, up to date and most importantly……..correct!