Welcome to “NAVIGATING VAT – THE Tax BLITZ SERIES” from Clever Burdy
You may be a start-up, a contractor, freelancer or considering becoming self-employed and the one thing you all have in common is that VAT will more than likely come into play in your life. You may also be a budding bookkeeper or accountant looking for a refresher to VAT and this starter pack to VAT is the perfect place to begin. Simply want to learn how to file a VAT Return?…..then this is the perfect course for you.
Why should you do this course?
VAT can be complex so understanding the essential foundations to how it works, who must register and what you can claim VAT on is an absolute must. VAT administration can also be laborious but this course guides you on how to make VAT a breeze. Revenue takes the operation and administration of VAT very seriously so it has never been more important than now to understand VAT.
Who is this course for?
This bespoke course is for business owners, contractors, freelancers, bookkeepers, accountants or anyone with an interest in VAT and its’ administration. Ideal for anyone looking for a career shake up as it will give you an edge over your competition!
What will you learn?
After completing this course you will have a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of Irish VAT law, you will learn what VAT can be claimed as an input credit versus what VAT is not allowable to claim. You will also recognise when a business is legally obliged to register for VAT and how to register for VAT using Revenue Online Services (ROS). And most importantly you will be completely confident in filing a VAT3 and what records should be retained.
CPD Hours Awarded: 2 hours
Approx 90 minutes of online viewing plus 30 mins to complete your self-assessment quiz. You will receive a sample of a bi-monthly VAT scenario to aid you through our practical example of navigating the VAT3.
You will have uninterrupted access to any course purchased for a full 6 months from date of purchase.
Areas covered in the course:
An Introduction to the concept of Valued Added Tax
- The European Dimension of VAT
- The European Court of Justice (ECJ) and its role in Irish VAT
- VAT – how it differs from other taxes
- How VAT works
- Taxable Persons and Accountable Persons
- Exemption from VAT
- VAT Thresholds
- Determining turnover for VAT purposes
- Sales invoice basis for VAT versus the Monies Received basis
- How to register for VAT
- Are VAT registration applications always approved?
- Rates of VAT
- How to check current VAT rates
- Recovery of VAT – deductible and non-deductible VAT
- Resale and non-resale VAT – why does it matter?
- VAT Invoicing
- The concept of “Outside the scope of VAT”
- Basic bookkeeping for VAT
- Frequency of VAT Returns
- How to file a VAT return (VAT3)