- Overview of the Irish Value Added Tax System
- Taxable Persons and Accountable Persons – who is obliged to register for VAT -v- who can elect to register?
- VAT Registration – deadlines, thresholds and the two-tier system
- Distance Sales – sales of “digitised goods”
- Supplies of Goods and Services
- VAT Invoices and Credit Notes – electronic invoicing (EDI)
- Deductible -v- Non-Deductible VAT – common areas where VAT that cannot be reclaimed is reclaimed by businesses
- Foreign VAT recovery – EVR Special scheme for intra-Community refunds of tax
- The “Two Thirds Rule” – what rate of VAT to be applied to a “mixed supply”
- VAT Rates – how to determine the correct rate of VAT applicable to your supply
- Imports and Exports of Goods
- Intra-Community acquisition of Goods and services
- Intra-Community supply of Goods and services
- Supply and Install Contracts – understanding the rules
- Section 56 Relief – understand what this is, does it apply to you and the procedures involved
- Brexit – discuss the ongoing negotiations and potential special VAT rules that may be applied to trade between the ROI and NI and the ROI and the rest of the UK from 1st January 2021
- VAT Returns and Payments
- Annual VAT Returns – the fine print to engage in annual VAT returns and advantages and pitfalls of opting for annual VAT returns
- VIES and Intrastat Returns – when these are due and how to complete them
Who is this course for?
Accountants, bookkeepers, accounts administrators and staff members with responsibility for the administration of VAT and accounts and responsibility for filing any VAT related documents
Business owners that want to have a better understanding of their finances and their legal requirements to file returns.
Anyone that has an active interest in gaining a career in accounts administration or simply wishes to have a better understanding and/or refresher course in the operation of the Irish VAT system.
CPD Hours: 7 hrs